Jailbreak 5.1.1 Untethered Tutorial
“Greenpois0n’s” Wormwood 2.0 jailbreak was released other Weekday, conveyance untethered jailbreak connectedness to iOS 5.1.1. The achievement supports most versions of the iPad, iPhone, and iPod ghost and is the first untethered jailbreak alternative for Apple’s stylish iOS firmware.
Absinthe 2.0 is an update on the “Wormwood A5” jailbreak from January of this year that brought jailbreak concur to the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 for the initial second.
Today’s give supports all iPads, iPhones, and iPod touches except for the iPad 2,4 – the new “berth priced” iPad 2 with a 32nm processor. Reason for this help give be “addd at a afterwards meeting.”
For those unknown with jailbreaks, we concern to MacRumors’s succinct statement: “Jailbreaking is the transform by which users can unfastened up their iOS design systems to fill third-party software and hacks not canonized by Apple. Procedures for jailbreaking iOS devices are typically tined into two categories: ‘tethered’ tools that required the gimmick to be adjoining to a computer each reading it is booted, and ‘untethered’ tools that reckon the device to be booted independently.”
Those interested in disagreeable out the current jailbreak can hit the download course and manual below (provided by Greenpois0n):
- iPhone 3Gs
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 1
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPod 3G
- iPod 4G
- AppleTV 2
Absinthe 2.0.4 MAC/WINDOWS (Download Page) Make Sure It’s The 2.0.4 Version In The Far Right Column
If your device is jailbroken already make sure to restore to a clean version.
- Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
- Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
- Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via a USB cable to your computer.
- Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait. This may take a while so be patient and do not disconnect your device.
- Once the jailbreak process is complete, return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up.’